Monday, November 24, 2008

Layin' Down Somethin' Fresh Sure Feels... (Part 2 of 2)

"...like, it's about time, hey Scoob?"  "Right, Raggie!"

It was May '08 and I started to get the urge to get back into the (any)
recording studio to finish my EP.  I had been living in Manhattan and
playing in Brooklyn-based rock band, My Glorious Mess, for 9 months.
And, though you could say, "Hey, nine months! Perfect timing to pop
out a musical baby, right?" it turned out to be only the conception.
Actually, it was more like the re-re-conception as this was my 3rd
attempt in two-and-a-half years at hammering this gashdern thing
home!  Booyah! Or, something like that.

Anyway, it took me until October to finally get in there (Secret Sound
Studio in Middle River, MD).  The first session was a tedious piecing
together of the work I had already completed.  This was necessary
because I had originally been working at another studio using a
different software.

Technicalities aside, I finally laid down NEW MUSIC!!!  It was
Thursday, November 20 and what was originally planned as a 3-hour
"let's-continue-to-put-this-freakin'-puzzle-together" session turned
into an inspired 6-hour "let's-lay-down-some-lush vocals/funky
guitar/chic bass/fancy-schmancy auxiliary percussion" session.

The song title is "Give Me a Reason."  Can't wait to play the finished
product for everyone!!!

No comments:

GregSmithLive on Facebook

GregSmith on Facebook