Monday, November 24, 2008

Layin' Down Somethin' Fresh Sure Feels... (Part 1 of 2)

Well, frankly, it feels fuckin' amazing!  For those of you who don't
know, don't remember, or are just tuning in, I (the GregSmithGroup)
began recording a 3-song CD (an EP or Extended Play, if you like) way
back in October 2006!  Laid a lil' down that fall and a lil' more still
the following spring.

But, '07 was a year of growth & transition.  Transformation, even!
I had a relationship, took vocal lessons with a great teacher named
Annie Eidolon, played a lil' bass for a friend's band, taught mad guitar
lessons, and worked a bank teller job on top o' that.  9:00AM-8:00PM
(sometimes later)/5 days a week.  I know people work longer and
harder hours, but I'm proud of the time I put in.

If you're reading my multi-part blog "What HAS Been Happening?"
you'll know that I hauled my musical butt off to the original Concrete
Jungle where I hoped to find soil more fertile for my endeavors.  Yes!
How I looked forward that fateful Summer of '07 to sowing the seeds
of musical (and rrromantic) success!

Stayed tuned... More about the EP to follow in Part 2 of "Layin' Down
Somethin' Fresh Sure Feels..."

No comments:

GregSmithLive on Facebook

GregSmith on Facebook